MUM & BABY POSTNATAL YOGA COURSES AT ELIZABETH HOUSE
MUM & BABY POSTNATAL YOGA COURSE CONTENTS
Pregnancy and childbirth are very strong experiences in a woman's life that leave the body sore and may also disrupt the mood.
I designed this postnatal yoga programme to help you get back in shape physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually within 6 weeks.
Each movement that you will make will allow you to work the various points of the body and mind that need specific attention after pregnancy:
- Breathing exercises, specifically to lift the uterus,
- Gentle abdominal exercises preserve the perineum while stimulating the abdominal belt,
- Stretches to relax your legs, back and neck,
- Gentle twists to relieve back pain,
- Strengthening exercises to rebuild your core muscles
- Relaxation meditation to feel calm and serene.
Postnatal Yoga classes are suitable for all new mothers, including those who have given birth by caesarean section.
Classes can be attended from six weeks after giving birth - 10 is the mother had a C-section.
However, it is important to obtain clearance from your doctor or midwife prior to beginning any post-pregnancy exercise programme.
Babies - aged 6 weeks to 10 months - are welcome. They share your mat: watching, sleeping, rolling around, and sometimes joining in with the poses
UPCOMING COURSES (Block of 6 sessions)
🔹JUNE/JULY - Sold out -
Wednesdays 5th June, 12th June, 19th June, 3rd July, 10th July, 17th July.
Date Exclusions: Wed 26th Jun 2019
Wednesdays 11th Sept, 18th Sept, 25th Sept, 2 Oct, 9th Oct, 16th Oct.
TIME & VENUE
From 10:30 am to 11:30 am at Elizabeth House Community Centre.
Please arrive 10mins before to allow us to start on time
- Block (6 Sessions) – £36.00.