YOUNG PEOPLE NEED YOGA
"Research has shown that the number of young people reporting feelings of depression and anxiety is rising and there is a trend for the rates of these desorders to increase in the transition between childhood and adolescence."
Amy Morganm Institue of psychological Sciences, University of Leeds
YOGA IS TAUGHT IN MANY SCHOOLS & CLUBS ACROSS THE UK
- Part of the PE curriculum
- Part of PSHE curriculum
- An elective in an enrichment programme
- A lunch time or after-school club activity
- An intervention to maximise the achievement of disadvantaged students
BENEFITS OF YOGA
- Develops strength, flexibility and stamina
- Reduces tension, stress and anxiety, mental and emotional health
- Develops clarity, focus and concentration
- Creates awarness of emtional responses
- Encourage self-management of behaviour
- Promotes social, mental and emotional health
YOGA COURSES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE ARE NOW AVAILABLE IN HIGHBURY WEST & WARDS AROUND
I am an experienced yoga teacher who has completed 60 hours specialist training with TeenYoga UK. This includes study of adolescent anatomy, physiology, neuroscience, psychology and behaviour management.
I also have:
- DBS clearance
- First aid certification
- Insurance to teach yoga to young people
- Completed a 500 hours yoga training
Schools and clubs can choose tailored courses to the needs of students and the timetable. Typically, courses will include:
- A range of postures
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Yoga philosophy and psychology
Rates vary depending on course lenght, class duration and other requirements such as provision of yoga mats and equipment.
Grant funding might be available.
Please contact me for details.